Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sydney: You had me at hello (again)

My two week stint in the US had me thinking about moving there. Late night shopping, friendly folks, the vibrant cities and cheaper cost of living just sounded all too tempting. After a few days of moping, and restlessness, I decided I couldn't be like this every time I go on holidays. The grass will always seem greener on the other side, and i couldn't let myself get sucked into this vicious cycle. I realised that despite living in Sydney for quite some time now, I haven't really given it enough chance. There's still so many places to explore, and if I stopped long enough to smell the roses, I would see how beautiful it is. And it is. Beautiful (as long as it doesn't rain for weeks on end!)

So i've decided to explore this city more, bit by bit, starting with spending my lunch breaks in the park. It's almost the end of winter, and despite our constant complaints, it has been starting to warm up. Warm enough to wander around without a coat, even!

Here are a few photos I took on my lunch walks around the Royal Botanic Gardens, and i realised this is as just as good, or even better than Central Park, or Boston Common :) Now if only I didn't have to go back to work, right? ;)










.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...