Saturday, August 25, 2012

Oh MoMA!

I had the perfect plan for our first day in New York. Start early at Central Park West and work our way up to The Met, then off to the West Village. But being the goldfish that I was, I realised midway through Central Park that I forgot our New York City Pass voucher. We had to go all the way back to the hotel to come and get it. Aargh! On a side note, the pass was really worth it, and would save you from the long queue at the ticket line.

But anyway, we decided to skip The Met that day and ended up at the Modern Museum of Art, which was closer. I must say, I enjoyed it more than the Louvre, Prado or Uffizi. It's definitely at the top of my  list of favourite museums. Picasso, Van Gogh, Miro, Dali, Monet and Warhol under one roof! Once upon a time, I wanted to become a painter, and seeing their work was like a childhood dream come true. Now a more grown up dream is actually owning a piece of Picasso :P I guess this is the closest i'll ever get to one!

MoMA
MoMA

Girl before a Mirror (Pablo Picasso)
Girl before a Mirror by Picasso

The Birth of the World (Joan Miró)
The Birth of the World by Joan Miró

Les Demoiselles d'Avignon (Pablo Picasso)
Les Demoiselles d'Avignon by Pablo Picasso

MoMA
Funky 3D Art

Water Lilies (Claude Monet)
Water Lilies by Monet

More New York photos here.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...