Sunday, August 19, 2012

NYC First Night: Times Square

The first time I caught a glimpse of Times Square was from a cab, after travelling 10,000 miles from Sydney. Despite the long flight and fatigue, I couldn't help but get excited by the bright lights and activities. After quickly checking in the hotel, and freshening up, we hurriedly got out to explore. Funny, after 2 months of drought, it rained our first night in the city. It seems like the rain really likes to follow us everywhere. But anyway, it was only a drizzle and nothin we can't handle. A little rain ain't gonna dampen our spirits!

I don't think I've ever seen so many lights in my life. And so many people! I couldn't decide if I was overwhelmed, confused, or in awe of the place. But first, FOOD! We were starving, but despite the hundreds of restaurants around the area, we couldn't decide where to eat. I think i didn't want to fall into a tourist trap, like i've often read. So we settled for hotdogs instead, our first taste of this New York staple. I must admit, it was a bit disappointing. Perhaps I've been living in Australia for too long to assume 'chips' means french fries, and not the crispy potato chips that come in cellophane wrappers. Oh well. It was only our first night, and there were plenty of chances to try good food (or terrible ones too). After giving our cameras a good workout, and basking in the bright city lights, we hit the sack and dreamed of the day ahead.

Times Square

Times Square

Times Square

Times Square

Times Square

Times Square

Times Square

More photos of New York here.


.

1 comment:

  1. You've got some great photos! Make sure to stop by 230 Fifth some evening for a cocktail on our rooftop bar. The view is amazing, the people are friendly, and the food is fantastic! Welcome to our city!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...